I’m so excited for another great year of Armchair BEA. Allow me to introduce myself…
1. Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details — Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. — so we can connect more online.
My blog highlights the best in books, writing, film and photography.
2. What does your favorite/ideal reading space look like?
The key to a good reading nook is calm and comfortable. Something soft and separated from the busyness of outside.
3. Share your favorite book or reading related quote.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” ― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish
Seriously… who doesn’t bring something to read with them at all times?
4. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? Why? What 3 non-book items would you bring? Why?
Ok, excepting anything useful (like Being Stranded for Dummies), I would bring The Count of Monte Cristo (Unabridged), the entire casebooks of Sherlock Holmes and The Woman in White. Again, if I don’t need anything useful like matches or sunscreen, I would bring a massive pile of journals and writing utensils, a musical instrument (probably my mandolin), and my camera.
5. What book would you love to see as a movie?
Ironically, this goes back to the last question. I want to see a version of The Count of Monte Cristo that is itself unabridged. Although there are some enjoyable adaptations out there, I want a 6 or 8 hour miniseries version that shows all of the wonderful “side” stories like Luigi Vampa and Valentin.
I look forward to “meeting” my fellow Armchair-ers!